United Arab Emirates News

Toddler Miraculously Recovers After Swallowing Abaya Pin: A Cautionary Tale for Parent

Vigilance and Childproofing Are Essential in Avoiding Swallowing Hazards

In a heart-stopping incident, 18-month-old Tamim faced a life-threatening situation after swallowing a 5-cm-long abaya pin, which led to a perforated intestine and pierced liver. Tamim’s parents rushed him to Thumbay University Hospital, where a skilled team of doctors, led by Dr. Mufique Gajdhar, performed a critical laparotomy surgery to safely remove the lodged pin. Dr. Gajdhar emphasized the significance of childproofing and constant supervision to prevent such incidents.

Dr. Gajdhar also provided valuable safety tips for parents, including age-appropriate toys, secure storage of small objects, and educating children about the dangers of swallowing foreign items. He urged parents to seek immediate medical attention if a child swallows a foreign object, rather than attempting extraction themselves.

This incident serves as a powerful reminder for parents to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to ensure their child’s safety, especially when dealing with small objects. By following these safety measures, parents can create a secure environment for their little ones to explore and play.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button